Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Shoulder

You may not realize how useful something is until you do not have it, or it is unable to be used. Yesterday at rugby practice I was running the ball when I decided to lower my shoulder and try to run through the tackler. Once i hit him, a pain shot from my shoulder all the way through my body, and dropped me to my knees. I had to leave practice to go to the ER to hear the bad news on how my shoulder was injured. After going through X-rays and an examination by a doctor, they informed me that I had seperated my shoulder and would have to be in a sling for a few weeks. It is really hard to only be able to use one arm. I have to adjust daily task that used to be effortless, like putting a shirt on. I could not imagine what some people have to go through when they lose limbs in war or accidents. It makes life a hassel.

No comments:

Post a Comment